So, lately Jason has been craving breakfast so I feel compelled to make him something other than chopped fruit. I try to keep it quick and easy since we both only have a few minutes to cook/eat. This weekend I went with something new. Piggy backing off the idea that brownies can be mixed in a mug/bowl and microwaved I thought perhaps the same can be said about pancakes. Like magic it worked! There’s only a handful of ingredients that take almost no time to put together and it’s ready in a jiffy.
Take a look and consider a five minute breakfast tomorrow (or any) morning! :)
what you need
1 c whole wheat flour
1-1.5 tbsp baking powder
2.5 tbsp white (or brown) sugar
2.5 tbsp dairy free butter
.75 c dairy free milk (almond or coconut are best)
pinch of salt
Fruit of your choice (raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, etc.)
(I also find that adding a small drizzle of grapeseed oil gives a nice texture)
what to do
- Melt butter
- Mix dry ingredients
- Mix milk/butter (and optional oil)
- Mix wet/dry ingredients until it forms a batter
- Fold in fruit
- Spoon batter into two 12-16oz mason jars (batter will rise 2-3 times)
- Microwave for 90-120 seconds (until a knife comes out clean)
- Top with butter/syrup/fruit compote/etc. and enjoy!
Note: Make sure to ask your kitties to help, if applicable.
Got something to say? No comments